INTRODUCTION TO ROUTE CARACREMADA
Year after year, in the world of hiking and cultural tourism, are taking more prominence and acceptance calls "routes or trips long or short haul," properly marked and prepared refreshment point for the marchers have always support and necessary assistance in various aspects, such as control of the march takes place within the parameters set, overnight stays, meals, etc ...
The route is a circular route Caracremada 5 days of running, expandable to 6, which joins the main mountains of the Upper Pre-Pyrenees and the High Solsonés Berguedà, taking as a starting point and finish the Rasos de Peguera.
The above route passes by the most emblematic mountains of the Pyrenees Pre Catalan (Rasos de Peguera, Serra d'Ensija, Pedraforca, Serra del Verd, Serra del Port de Comte, Serra Busa), and different populations such Gósol and Sant Llorenç of Morunys.
The main features that differentiate the present route of the remaining existing in other Pyrenean mountains, which are summarized below:
- A highway leads to a completely pre-Pyrenean links the main mountains of High Solsonés and High Berguedà.
- The variety of landscape, with corresponding forms of fauna and flora.
- It is a practicable passage for a long time, because the only snow is present and is an impediment to the march, the winter months is required; spring and autumn are the best times and in summer the heat is quite acceptable, considering that most of the trip runs between 1,700 and 2,200 meters and the lowest (Serra Busa) has a long stretch in the shade under the protection of coniferous forest.
- Another important difference is the cultural and historical agents, as the route passes through areas Caracremada with history: villages, castles, churches, ski centers, mining steps migration of ancient use, museums, shelters maquis, etc ...
- In short, the variety of landscapes, cultural and heritage interest, if proximity to large urban centers (metropolitan area i Barcelona, Terrassa, Sabadell, Manresa, Girona, Vic) and the length of the season during which the route is practicable, the route of Caracremada has all the features, incentives and factors to be a reference hiking in Catalonia.